Windows in the Pilkington Buildings

11th November 2019

The architect Jo Parry-Geddes is working with some of the owners of the Pilkington Buildings ( 22-34 Bridge Street and 1-7 Park End Penicuik ) to prepare a grant application for repair and restoration work . This is a high priority project as part of the regeneration scheme.

The orginal architect F.T.Pilkington designed this block to provide shops and housing for single women working at the Valleyfield Mill for Charles Cowan in 1860.

A detailed window survey is being carried out and some crown glass (orginal glass) has been found in some of the windows…………

Crown Glass in sash and case windows

Our Partners

Penicuik First
Penicuik Community Development Trust
Midlothian Council
Heritage Lottery Fund
Heritage Lottery Fund